We call it “Purpose”
As today’s customers, and employees, increasingly call for organizations to have a more meaningful reason for being, we believe it is imperative for every organization to clarify its Purpose.
Why it exists….What guides the organization…And, how it will make the world a better place.
This is not an exercise in existentialism. This is a profoundly strategic imperative for any organization trying to connect with today’s customers.
What is Purpose?
Purpose is not Mission.
Purpose is the organization’s guiding, true north star over the long term; Mission is an expression of what you do today and may evolve with perceived opportunity in the marketplace.
Purpose is rarely modified.
Why Define Our Purpose?
Defining your Purpose has, in our experience, these benefits
- Helping you win customers who share the same world-view and therefore find your offering compelling
- Helping you attract and keep, highly productive and talented employees, because they share the same intrinsic motivations
- Helping you build a more effective organization that functions more coherently, has higher levels of integration and coordination both horizontally and vertically
- Helping you win with investors who are attracted by your desire to make the world a better place
- And, ultimately, helping drive higher returns for the organization
If you’d like our assistance clarifying your Purpose, and even your Mission, so your organization can be strong from the inside out, please contact us today